Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DIY Chalkboard

Friends! As I mentioned in my last Friday 5 post, I had been planning on adding a chalkboard to the maisonnette for some time, but couldn't find one that was the right size or the right price. So, whats a girl to do? Make her own!



I found a 1/4" sheet of plywood at Lowes & chalkboard paint at Hobby Lobby, and went to town last weekend making my own chalkboard.



Instead of hanging it on the wall, I decided to affix it to the front door, so I can write reminders and quotes that I'll see when I walk out of the door. To do this I simply used Command Picture Hangers that are sticky on both sides, this way the chalkboard will be easy to remove in the future.

This project took about 1 hour of actual work, 25 hours of waiting (for the paint to dry), and about $20 for supplies. It was fairly quick & simple, and I absolutely love the result!



xoxo
Marisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment