Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Paint Chip Inspired Artwork

Well, hi friends! I know... its been a while. No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth or forgotten about my little corner of the internet, life has just been crazy for the past few weeks (months?). 

Anyway, I had a very relaxing 4th of July (and have the sunburn to prove it), and am back with a super quick and easy art project! 

I've seen some paint chip-inspired artwork lately and I'm really loving it.

I knew I wanted to hang these in the kitchen, so I stuck to blues and greens. 



I had some left over white poster board from another project, and roughly cut two 5x7" pieces. From there I just grabbed a medium sized brush and went to town. I knew I wasn't going for perfection, I really like how you can see the brush strokes and that the stripes aren't perfectly spaced. 



After I let them dry, I popped them into basic white frames with white mats and hung them up. 


Simple and low cost, I think they add a great pop of color right around the window.



Have you tackled a easy art project lately? 


xoxo 
Marisa 





No comments:

Post a Comment