Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Anthro-Inspired Kitchen Decor


I've been wanting to add some personality to my kitchen, and the wall space above the stove seemed like the perfect place to do so. Inspired by Anthropologie's Zinc Letters, I decided to create my own at a fraction of the cost. 
Anthropologie Zinc Letters


Empty wall space before
"EAT" seemed like a perfect phrase for the kitchen, but you could change the word to suit a different room or make a monogram with two small letters and one big letter! 

I found these 8" paper mache letters at Joann's for $2.99 each and used craft paint that I already had on hand. 


Black base coat 
First I painted the letters black, then I painted a rough silver layer. I didn't want to add too much paint at once because I wanted the final result to look worn. 


After first coat of silver paint
After adding one more silver coat I went back with a little black and blended it until I liked the way it looked.  


Finished product

To hang them, I just used lightweight command strips and stuck them to the wall.




I love the way they turned out, and for less than $10, I think they make a great impact! 


xoxo
Marisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment